- Whatever youtu.be/Xz7_3n7xyDg https://t.co/s3QYqGvMkK 8 hours ago
- RT @sheswriteous: video chats with more than 5 people give me anxiety 9 hours ago
- RT @KVPR: Valley Public Radio is thrilled to be a new @Cal_Humanities #CaliforniaDocumentaryProject grantee. Look for our new podcast "The… 11 hours ago
- RT @jendenbrat: The 244th season of America is off the rails! What are the writers even doing?! Unbelievable plot, contradicting storylines… 12 hours ago
- RT @verge: How Thao & The Get Down Stay Down made a music video on Zoom theverge.com/2020/4/8/21213… https://t.co/znzM0NUhar 17 hours ago
Author Archives: jeffersonbeavers
Wednesday, April 8, 2020 On our 6 AM walk, we saw two teens carrying two 24-pack cases each of Budweiser down Mariposa Street. Despite the cold, our backyard smelled of lemon and orange blossoms. I watched an Ethiopian film.
Tuesday, April 7, 2020 No three lines.
Monday, April 6, 2020 My wife made another lemon cake. My wife said my keystrokes on the laptop sounded like the gentle patter of rain. My wife finished her doctorate in educational leadership, and my dad responded by saying he … Continue reading
Sunday, April 5, 2020 It’s understandable to feel cheated out of what would have been our time together. Maybe we just got a weird and unexpected head start at what’s next. You asked: But you said this for what? I … Continue reading
Saturday, April 4, 2020 Give me chicken koobideh and halved tomatoes, chargrilled on seekhs right over the open coals. Serve it on top of basmati rice, yellowed from saffron, with a hunk of socarrat on the bottom. Take me to … Continue reading
Friday, April 3, 2020 I wear a mask for my father, a cancer fighter still undergoing chemotherapy treatments; for my mother, an immuno-compromised diabetic; and for the elders in my circle, who are all at risk.
Thursday, April 2, 2020 Who is speaking for the janitors? Who is speaking for the farmworkers? Who is speaking for the detained migrants?